Yushi-Con Convention Policies
Amended as of: 11/12/2018
Upon purchase of a badge, Yushi-Con attendees agree to follow and abide to the procedures below.
If registration happens to become hectic, convention attendees will be expected to form a line as directed by convention staffers.
Minors at Yushi-Con
All minors attending Yushi-Con MUST be accompanied by an 18+ adult at all times. Upon registration, Photo IDs will be checked. Minors will not be allowed to purchase/pickup badges (even if they have already been preregistered!), and are not allowed to attend the convention without an 18+ parent, guardian, or otherwise present for them.
18+ Programming Policy
If you had someone else purchase your badge for you, in order to get into our 18+ events you must go to the registration desk with a photo-id to obtain a wristband that indicates that you are 18+. Otherwise, if you are approved to pick up your badge, then you will receive a wristband as well.
If any of these violations occur, Yushi-Con staff has the right to take action from a stern warning, to revocation of badge without refund. Examples of these violations are:
– Offensive Behavior
– Failure to adhere to basic hygiene
– Offensive Language
– Public Intoxication
– Failure to Follow rules or instructions of staff
If behaviors are problematic, Yushi-Con staff reserves the right to take action. Respect your fellow con-goers, and treat them as how you would want to be treated.
Yushi-Con will not tolerate any harassment on the convention premises.
Harassment would include offensive comments related to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, and inappropriate/non-consensual sexual attention. Participants who are requested to stop any behavior are expected to do so immediately, otherwise action will be taken as deemed appropriate by the staffer.
If you feel harassed, or notice someone else feels harassed, staffers around the convention and at the registration desk will be available to address the issue.
First and foremost, Cosplay does NOT equal consent. Any inappropriate behavior toward cosplayers observed by YushiCon staff will be met with action immediately.
Shoes/footwear are required at all times.
Rollerblades/Heelys are prohibited for obvious safety concerns
Masks worn by attendees should be easily removable on-request by staff.
Please take smoking outside of the convention building, and please make sure that any lit cigarettes are completely put out after to eliminate fire hazard.
For Vaping, or vaporizer pens, they may be permitted ONLY if the wattage/voltage of the battery is low enough to not create a distinct smell or vapor
If you are caught with Alcohol on the premises of the convention, it will be confiscated and thrown away and you will be marked down and will have your badge revoked for the remainder of the convention with no refund.
– Ask permission before taking photographs.
– Make sure not to impede any hallway traffic flow.
– Respect privacy of guest and attendees if they do not want their picture taken.
Weapons and Props
– No live steel weapons permitted on the convention premises
– No airsoft or pellet guns (Good alternatives would be solid-resin, non-moving part models)
– No Nunchaku of any kind
– No explosive chemicals or fireworks
– Handle all props responsibly
– Misuse will result in being asked to remove the prop from the convention building.
– Any prop that results in safety issues or obstructs hall/doorways may not be allowed in the convention space.
– Ask for a staffer or a volunteer if you are unsure of anything.
– Signs must be a part of the costume, and must be appropriate and not offensive.
– Shoes must be worn at all times at the dance.
– No outside food/drink.
– No Backpacks/Bags
Drawing on the chalkboards/whiteboards are encouraged. However any pornographic or offensive imagery spotted by staff will be taken off immediately.
Rules and Regulations pertaining to Dealers Den
– No Bootlegged Items; Any vendors found to have bootlegged items WILL be asked to leave without a refund.
– Height Restriction: Must be able to fit through a doorway; max 15ft
– Is expected to operate during dealer hall hours.
– Low level music is acceptable, but if it disrupts neighboring vendors it must be shut off.
– Do not show explicit art, which includes pornography, tasteful nudes are okay. If any explicit art is on open display you will be asked and expected to censor it or take it down.
– We will put a cap on booked tables to prevent saturation; we will determine the cap to match best in proportion to attendee turnout.
– Dealers will be congregated to one room
– Signage for Dealer’s room, panels, and others will become priority. All signage will be prepared, hung up, and ready the day before any load-in happens (to be arranged with the new venue)
– An artist application jurying system will be put in place in order to encourage diversity and variety in content. Content will be judged compared to what other applying dealers will offer to determine the most beneficial arrangement for both dealers and attendees.
–Staff will check in with dealers periodically to see if anyone needs water, or if they need their booth watched so that they can take a bathroom break. Conversely, dealers can call on staff for water, or to watch their booth with a provided signal that they can wave to a staffer for assistance.
–Dealers will receive one-page handouts with instructions on how to call on a staff member, where they can order food, where other Yushi-Con dealers can network online during and after the convention, and the dealer load-in/load-out schedule.
-Yushi-Con staff will ensure that dealers will have at least 2 hours of load-in time before the convention opens.
–Dealers will be limited to purchasing only 2 tables.
And lastly, due to the location remember that you not only have to adhere to the rules of the convention, but of the venue as well.
Any Questions of Yushi-Con policies can be submitted via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
*These policies are currently subject to change over time until the convention.