Yushi-Con would like to thank all of our dealers in 2018 who have given us feedback for our next event. We’ve put together ALL of your input, based from various in person testimonies, and our post-convention call for input via our email. We have read your testimonies and have carefully considered what our changes will be for next year.
We consider all artists and vendors alike to be a core and important part of our event, and they should be prioritized as such. As convention chair, I know that half of the fun I have at conventions stems from hanging around the dealers room in cosplay and purchasing from artists. We strive to optimize that experience to become as mutually beneficial, fair, and as fun as possible. Here is the system we have put together for you for future events:
- We will put a cap on booked tables next year to prevent saturation; we will determine the cap to match best in proportion to attendee turnout.
- All Yushi-Con 2018 Dealers can purchase a table at a discounted rate (To Be Announced)
- Dealers will be congregated to one room instead of being segmented to multiple rooms. (to be arranged with the new venue)
- Signage for Dealer’s room, panels, and others will become priority. All signage will be prepared, hung up, and ready the day before any load-in happens (to be arranged with the new venue)
- We will be moving to an artist application jurying system in order to encourage diversity and variety in content. Content will be judged compared to what other applying dealers will offer to determine the most beneficial arrangement for both dealers and attendees.
- Staff will check in with dealers periodically to see if anyone needs water, or if they need their booth watched so that they can take a bathroom break. Conversely, dealers can call on staff for water, or to watch their booth with a provided signal that they can wave to a staffer for assistance.
- Hours for dealers would change to shorter shifts (Example: 9am-9pm to 11am-6pm.) We determined that having the dealers room open for 12 hours in a single day is unreasonable.
- Load-in times will be longer; We determined that the “one hour setup” we had was unreasonable. Yushi-Con staff will ensure that dealers will have at least 2 hours of load-in time before the convention opens.
- Dealers tables will be re-measured to accurate dimensions, and we’ll make sure to not have it be in a 3-piece set in our new venue. We will also do more to ensure that all dealers tables will be the same size and to keep communication if there are any changes to dimensions, or pieces to a set.
- Dealers will receive one-page handouts with instructions on how to call on a staff member, where they can order food, where other Yushi-Con dealers can network online during and after the convention, and the dealer load-in/load-out schedule.
- Dealers will be limited to purchasing only 2 tables.
All of these bullet points have been added to the Yushi-Con dealers den policies effective immediately. We once again thank all Yushi-Con 2018 dealers for their patience and cooperation with us, and we are always happy to continue doing business with each and every one of you!